Friday, June 3, 2011

Grace

I realized that I might have left the impression that I believed my transformations were due in whole or part to my own efforts or will. Nothing could be further from the truth. I stand humble and unworthy before God who has given me the gift of His Grace.

From one of my favorite books: "There is nothing in the world more astonishing, no more interesting spectacle, than that afforded by the action of grace upon the soul of a just man. How it transforms him, sustains him, strengthens him and comforts him! How it subdues and governs him exteriorly and interiorly! How it altars his affections, making him love what he formerly abhorred, and abhor what he formerly loved! How strong it makes him in combat! What peace it gives to him!" The Sinner's Guide by Venerable Louis of Granada available from Tan Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment